Description of the Role:
Differential is growing (turns out, clients like us, a lot)! Our team of software craftsmen (we heart Meteor.js), business strategists, jokesters (you’re guaranteed at least one LOL a day from our Slack Channel) and all around good folk needs more firepower to meet the demands of our growing business. Please note that we’ll only consider people who can fit in with the aforementioned team (working with jerks or duds is the worst).
In addition to great people to work with on the Differential team, we’re also very picky about the types of clients we work with (again with the jerks and duds thought). From early-stage startups to forward-thinking corporate pioneers, our mission is to rapidly unlock value for good people with meaningful ideas.
While Differential has grown significantly over the past year, we have some very aggressive goals for 2016 and beyond. Fortunately, due to our reputation as one of the top Meteor development teams in the world, we have been able to successfully attract great developers. Now we need to also add a couple talented business folks to help us bring in more work to the studio.
If you consider yourself great at building relationships, understanding high-level business needs (and opportunities), closing (good) deals and have solid understanding of the high tech/software world, let’s chat - our Sales / Business Development Leader role may be for you!
Key responsibilities include:
• Filling the pipeline with qualified leads
• Connecting with leads and understanding their needs
• Building relationships and identifying smart solutions
• Becoming a trusted expert and partner for our clients
• Writing strategic Engagement Briefs (proposals)
• Diligent follow-up and sales pipeline management
• Closing deals & creating long-term relationships that lead to repeat business
• Being an excellent Differential team member/builder
Ideal Candidate Profile (for all Differential Positions)
• Self-starter, naturally curious, believes that technology can change the world.
• Experience as an entrepreneur or part of an early stage startup or small business is a strong plus.
• Bonus points if you’ve been a part of a failed startup/company
• 2x Bonus if you’ve also worked for/with bigger co’s.
• You should be interested in and generally knowledgeable about web and mobile technologies.
• Be able to wear multiple hats / have multiple responsibilities
• Clear communication skills (written & verbal)
• Enjoys sharing knowledge / teaching others
• Active in and/or a big supporter of the local startup community • Strong bonus points if you’re well connected/respected
• Not a jerk
Business Development Candidate Profile:
• Exceptional people skills: we’re not selling used cars here, we’re building relationships and become a trusted partner for our clients
• Experience as part of a leadership team; you were in the room when key business decisions were made
• Ability to quickly learn about a business and identify opportunity for improvement
• Experience with product development a strong plus (you’ve been a part of software projects before and know how to set appropriate client/partner expectations)
• Hunter: you have an uncanny ability to research, find and reach the right people at the right companies.
• Listener: we believe great listening skills are key for our growth team
• Storyteller: when it is our time to talk, we prefer telling stories over “pitching”
• Writer: clear, concise written communication skills are key to winning business
• Closer/Achiever: Building relationships is key, but you also need to be able to ring the bell
• Survivor: Ability to dodge and shell out nerf gun dart fire is paramount
Differential is a development studio headquartered in Cincinnati, OH and has quickly become one of the world’s leading Meteor development companies. Clients like TaylorMade-Adidas, Organized Living, Crossroads, University of Kentucky, Luxottica, High Alpha and dozens of high-potential startups have partnered with us to help bring meaningful products to life. Team members love our unique company culture, the fun, flexible and friendly work environment and exciting career and learning opportunities that being a Differential team member provides.
This full-time position offers a competitive compensation (salary + upside opportunities), flexible work location opportunities and many other benefits.
Please send resume (or LinkedIn link) along with salary history/requirements to JoinTheTeam@Differential.com. Please include Biz Dev Position in the subject line of your email.