If you're a software developer (of any experience level) in or near Cincinnati, you have choices for what to do the weekend of May 3rd:
- You could run the Flying Pig Marathon on Sunday.
- It might be nice that weekend. Maybe do some yard work or go to the zoo with your family.
- Maybe attend Cincinnati's first professional hackathon?
The reasons you should sign up RIGHT NOW:
- We've now made it free. At first it was $25, but we made it free to blow the event out. However...
- Spots are going very quick, if you don't sign up now, you may be out of luck. We're hosting teams at Uptech (and Cintrifuse, if needed) but we can fill both of those spaces up very quickly.
- Top performing teams will get a lot of visibility, including possible entry into the HACKcelerator pre-accelerator program (help turning your project into a company) and exposure to an all-star list of judges and mentors from Modulus, The Brandery, Differential, and innovation team leaders from local corporations like Procter & Gamble, Kroger, and dunnhumby.
- This is a real hackathon, people! We'll be using http://www.hackathon.io/ to track the projects.
- 9am — Attendee registration, coffee + breakfast networking
- 10am — Opening Announcements + Sponsor Talks + Team & Idea Pitches
- Noon — Lunch
- 1pm — Coding Begins — Official Start
- 1pm-3pm — Workshops
- 6pm —Dinner
- Code into the Night. HACKING AWAY.
- 7:30-9am — Breakfast
- HACKING HACKING HACKING
- Noon — Lunch
- 1pm — Project Submissions Due. CODE FREEZE
- 2pm — Demos Begin (only working products, no PowerPoint slides!)
- 3pm — Finalists Announced
- 4pm — Prizes + Finale
So please go run the marathon. Go to the zoo. Do some yard work, if you must.
But if you don't have any of that planned, SIGN UP NOW.